Re: request from france

> From: LEGER MICHAEL <mileger@club-internet.fr>
>
> at the present time, i would like to do a tank : 190*45*35
> my tap water is around 20°TH. I'm going to buy a 'osmosis machine' and a
> 'CO2 machine' for the plants (my dictionnary is not enough powerful!).

Others on this list can give you good advice about breeding fish.  I will
give you a caution that Reverse Osmosis (R/O) and CO2 are a dangerous
combination if not used carefully: since R/O removes virtually all the
dissolved solids from the water, it becomes very susceptible to pH
fluctuations brought about by the CO2.  In most of our tanks that use CO2,
we actually ADD calcium carbonate... which makes spawning most apistos
impossible.

I recommend mixing your R/O water with a small amount of your tap water,
enough to bring it to 1-2° hardness [how do you guys type that degrees
symbol?  I had to cut and paste it!].

   - Erik

---
Erik D. Olson