Re: º

OK ok... Now if I ever use a Microsoft OS to compose my messages, I'll
know what to do.  Also found out how to do it under Linux/X (my OS) by
playing with the alt key.. I hold down alt and type any key on the alpha
keyboard and it gives me an 8-bit character in the ISO-8859-1 set...wheee!

áâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõö÷øùú¬®¯à±²³´µ¶·¸¹°­½ÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚ¼¾¿
þ¡À£¤¥Þ¦ª¨©

Windeløv
Los Baños
Spïnal Tap
TetraMin®
µS
3¼ Cups Flour

Wheee!!!

(OK, I'll stop now.)

    - Erik

PS: ObApisto: We just got finished watching our unexpected A. aggasizii
trio spawn on an accessible surface.  I was able to film snippets of the
female guarding the eggs for almost four days before they disappeared
(suspect it was the dozen or so A. regani also in the tank). Looking for a
way to compress the video appropriately so I can put it on the Krib for
viewing.

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, Mike & Diane Wise wrote:

> For a PC use the ALT command (Hold down the ALT key and enter 0186 on your key
> pad (Num Lock on)). I keep a list of ALT commands on hand for things like µ, ¼,
> ½, ¾, ², ³, and non-English letters like ß, á, é, í, ö, ñ, etc. These ALT command
> codes are listed in the you 'character map' file.

---
Erik D. Olson
erik at thekrib.com