Apisto molecular phylogeny

Some time ago someone on the list mentioned that there hadn't been
much or any molecular phylogeny work done on Apistogramma.  Molecular
phylogeny involves comparing protein or DNA sequences of different
species to determine how closely related they may be, and ideally
to build a phylogenetic tree showing the relationships of the whole
group.

It occurred to me that we have many breeders and importers on the
list, and that a fair number of dead fish are being thrown out.  If
each person would preserve any corpses by freesing or in formalin or
alcohol (I don't know which is best for the purpose) a sizable amount
of material, including multiple examples of many species, could be
amassed.  It would then be worthwhile to approach someone who does
molecular phylogeny, especially of fishes, and offer to donate the
material.  I think a couple of master's theses or a Ph.D could result,
to the benefit of all.

What do people here think?