Re: Peces Tropicales LTDA

Hi Doug and all,
Besides the shipping costs, you might end up getting a big box of poorly
i.d.'ed fish, which can sometimes be a bonus, but more often than not it
ain't. I used to work for a fish wholesaler who got the fish transhipped
from someone in florida- we'd order every apisto species the exporter had on
their lists and usually the Colombian stuff was A. sp. rotpunkt- regardless
of whether we ordered macmasteri, viejita, etc. I would say rotpunkt came in
about 80% of the time, sometimes we'd get macmasteri and a few of the others
(cactuoides and aggies were Peruvian) and sometimes something really great
like hongsloi and breitbinden would come in but very rarely...Just to let
you know, its a gamble... If I were you, make some buddies at a local fish
wholesaler and go cherry pick their imports, you'll find all kinds of cool
contaminants mixed in with the tetras, wild rams, etc.
- Steve