Re: D. Maculata

Gareth Casey wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> My LFS got some of these in today and I was wondering if $9.99 is a
> decent price for wild caught 2"-3" fish. I really like the looks of them
> and the orange in the ventral fins is killer however I don't want to pay
> thru the nose for them.

The orange ventrals sent up an immediate flag. Do they all have orange ventrals?
If so, they are almost certainly all females! Males have blue to purple ventral
fins and much more colorful tails. Only females who have spawned will show the
orange ventrals. As to price, only you can determine what they're worth to you
but $10.00 seems fair to me.

Mike Wise