Re: Red/Purple Krib Belly

>I think this is a case of "you say po-tey-toh, I say po-tah-toh".
>
>Take a look at the drawing of a krib on www.thekrib.com -- is that purple,
>or red?  I think it's either purple or pink (although I wouldn't dare to
>call a krib pink), and it's exactly the color of the belly on my kribs,
>which were sold as "red phase".
>
>Alysoun

The "kribs" , P. pulcher, from Camaroon are a very yellow color and their
belly never gets any darker then deep pink. There is a pic of them in an
older Cichlid News in the What's New in the back. I'll try and look it up.

My "red phase kribs" have females with deeper red to almost purple bellies
when eating a lot of daphnia and other live food.

The taeniatus local color varieties vary in belly color from blue to plum.
This leaves ID wide open until viewed in the tank or quality pics.

Mike