Apisto Norberti unusual behaviour

I thought the following unusual behaviour would interest the list.
My friends witnessed the following.  They had only acquired a pair of
Norberti for two days when Tom noticed the female in full brooding colour.
He looked all over the tank but there was no spawning to be seen.
Continually the female raced about the tank appearing to gather her brood.
It was a mystery to Tom as she was covering every area in the tank.  Looking
closely with the aid of a magnifying glass all became very clear she was
herding up grindal worms and placing them into a pit.  Apistogramma females
have been known to herd daphnia if fed while she is caring for fry but
this behaviour of the female Norberi is something new.
Helen.