Re: Norberti spawn

-----Original Message-----

>A pair of norberti given to me by Kathy Olsen just spawned today.  I have
had
>The norberti share the tank with 3 glowlight tetras and a couple of small
>Amano shrimp (that eat the algae on the wood).

>Now, some beginner questions.  Assuming the fry make it, how long can I
expect
>to be able to keep things the way they are in the 10 gallon tank?  When
should
>I start the brine shrimp hatchery?
>Lars

I would recommend the removal of all other tankmates leaving Norberti pair
to themselves to bring up their fry
Assume the fry will be free swimming in 7 days post spawn which will be
Saturday 17th Oct.
Brine shrimp takes anything from 24 hours - 48 hrs depending on temperature.
A good alternative is to have a microworm culture ready.  I alternate
feedings between the two for apisto fry.
Helen