Re: Norberti spawn

I would stay out of the tank and let the new parents do their thing. The
dithers are as important now as ever. They will keep the gaurding instinct
active in the parents and maybe prevents eating the fry. The tank should
have some light at night to help parents keep up with fry. I use 7 watt
"indicator" bulbs made by GE. They are small bulb with regular size base.
Most stores here have night lights that are very low wattage. If you have a
sponge filter in the tank the fry will graze on this for a day or two while
the shrimp hatch.

When my taeniatus spawn, I can tell when the wigglers are ready to leave
the cave. The male sends all dithers (cherry barbs) to the far end of the
tank. He has never hurt them , just lets them know their area.

Good Luck
Mike