Re: Oily film

Hi,
We had two recent threads on the subject in fr.rec.aquariophilie, two
things got out :

        The Oily film was from various causes, more frequent in new
tanks, was almost certainly a hydrophobic layer between water and air
with the risk of closing the O2 exchanges. so moving the water surface
was usefull in this case.

        The best tested way to get rid of it (without getting out the
true, usually unknown, reason) is the way described by Kaycy, putting an
empty standing bottle in the tank, the water fall (with the upper layer
and the oily film) in the bottle is artificially widening the water /
air interface and the oily film disperses in the bottle. (you'll see the
difference using just a bowl (wider)).

Trying to do my best with english and fish,

Colin