Sex ratio

Hi everyone,

My batches of ram's fry are spawning now. I kept them in 2 tanks, each
had combined fry from different spawns. Now I see that in each tank,
the biggest fish is a male, and all rest fish are females! - about 30-40
females in each tank. Is it a coincendence or, like discus, rams have a
mechanism by which the dominant male repress the development of other
males? In each tank here are also some 4-5 smallest fish which are not
sexable yet. No chasing, no harrasment except for minor fights. I also
have A.nijjseni fry in the another tank, and they are all males except for
1 or 2 females. A.cruzi fry which I keep in the same tank as A.nijjseni's
have 1:1 ratio of males and females! They all in RO water with pH 5.5-6.0
and room temperature. Rams were kept at 87 F. Next time I will try to remove
the biggest ram, but did anyone observed the same effect?

Lilia