Re: Nitrogen Cycle in low pH

Howdy,

	Research changes regularly:

See:

http://www.aquariumfrontiers.com/1998/aug/science/default.asp

"This finding is repeating itself in many different environments. I think
there can be little doubt that the nitrite-oxidizing bacteria in our
aquaria are members of the genus Nitrospira. Have you switched the name
you're using for the nitrite-oxidizing bacteria yet?"

	The point if you read the paper is the questioning of which
bacteria processes ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates in aquaria.  The
point was not that no bacteria processes these things.

				Cheers,
				Matthew