Re: Tefe

Mayalauren@aol.com wrote:

> Lago Tefe seems to be producing a variety of apistos lately. Prices of these
> fish seem to indicate that there is a substantial difference between the
> regular and Tefe morphs (eg bitaeniata, meinkeni etc).
> Could someone (Julio, I know you have some Tefe fish :-)) elaborate a little
> as to what those differences are?
> Thanks
> Jason

I have a pair of A. bitaeniatum "Tefe" whose main difference seems to be
patterning in the fins.  It's like there are vertical and horizontal
stripes intersecting each other in the rear of the dorsal and anal fins,
and the center of the caudal.  From the Aqualog pictures I've seen,
there's no pattering or only horizontal stripes in these areas on the
other morphs.

Andrew Blumhagen