Re: buffering

-----Original Message-----
From: Mayalauren@aol.com <Mayalauren@aol.com>

>I have very soft water, here in NY, and I use a lot of driftwood, leaves
and
>peat.I'd like to keep my pH around 6 but it usually bottoms out at 5.
>Jason

Jason,
Our water here in Glasgow, Scotland is the same.  I rectify this is by
puting a small amount of coral gravel in my filter.  If the tank is filtered
with just air-driven sponge filtration put some coral gravel in a piece of
nylon stocking and place in tank or add a box filter with a little in it.
Helen