Biotodoma

About two years ago I collected Biotodoma wavrini near Puerto Ayacucho
Venezuela in the Rio Por Venir.  The pH was 5.5 and the water was very
soft I don't know if Wayne Liebel tested this specific body but the
surrounding waters were all around 10 mS.  The water was rapid flowing
but only a foot deep.  It was sand with a few granite boulders and
patches of Eleocharis.  The wavrini coexisted with Surinam toads,
aquatic Mapinari (rattlesnake) and Satanoperca daemon as well as
Mesonauta insignis.  Later reports gathered from border guards and
natives suggested that Pterophyllum altum lived in deeper streches of
the same river.