Re: New Fish Room

Great ideas folks. As I just bought a house with a sprawling basement I
have been thinking about these issues myself. (Beds, living room furniture
- huh?)

Some ideas:

- Paint at least one wall black or dark blue or green behind tanks.

- No windows. I know the fish look great in natural sunlight but the darn
algae doesn't.

- Leave room for a few house plants.

- Use that pretreated deck wood for racks. Use bolts so I can take it apart
if I need to!

- I would also love to figure out a good cheap way to be able to slide the
tanks out of racks to clean them.

- A sink big enough for a 10G tank.

- All lights on a single timer.

- At least one serious display tank - my dream would be one of those cool
corner ones with the bowed front.

- Supra IV air pump, enough for 30 tanks easy.

- Safety first: GFI and painted non-slip floor.

- If you have the space a cool idea I saw was to have the utility table in
the middle of the room with cabinets underneath. This guy eventually hung a
light over it and put plant tanks on it.

- My biggest concern is water. I think I've decided my first system will
just be my RO unit running into a plastic trash can with an overflow valve,
and a big submersible pump to top off tanks.

-Doug Brown
debrown@kodak.com