Re: New Fish Room

Just a few additons, to what has already been mentioned.

I like the three rows of tanks, more fish space...but it is true I look at
the bottom row less...good fry grow out tanks...or spawning tanks for
shy/stressed fish.

We have different wattages of light over the rows to allow different
plants to be grown...from low to high tech.  On rack has CO2 as well.
The lights are housed in white rain gutter (DYI lighting) with end
pieces...looks quit good from an aesthetic point of view.  Are old light
blinds were wood which is cool, this set isn't...always trying new things.

We do have a futon in our fish room opposite the gorgeous planted tank.
Have held more than one fish party in the room (it is carpeted in the
basement), and people crashed on the floor.  The futon also lets out to a
full sized be for those who "want to sleep with the fishes".  One guest's
comments was on the ambience provided by the heaters as night lights.

There is stereo piped in.  The whole house is hooked up to and controlled
by the computer.  Including the water for my rose garden as well.  There
are also conveniently placed control pads in other rooms besides the TECH
room (home of The Krib).

It is fun to come home and crash, relax and eat dinner with Erik down in
the fish room.

We also have a few other tanks not seen in Eriks article...including the
oak leaf tank, the 75 gallon planted, another crypt tank, a terrarium, and
a 50 cylinder.  We dream about a 125 gallon....but don't think the
upstairs would hold it and don't want to give up the futon for downstairs.
The next house  :)

There are definetly trade offs, convenience for tanks. It is nice to dream
and think of things to change.

Have fun

Kathy