Re: advice on Dicrossus Maculatus

Hmm. I have always heard Ramerizi was a harem breeder. I was just
guessing for curviceps. I found a pair of Ramerizi that were both at the
peak of health and were defending a territory togethor in the store
tank. I took them home and after a few days the male had chased the
female so much that she died. It is great if they are monogamous but my
experience confirmed the belief that they were harem breeders for me. I
guess I'll get groups see if they pair off in quaratine and then sell
the fish that don't pair up. Thank you very much this helps a lot. I am
not planning on breeding but if they do it's great but my goal right now
is a nice looking biotope (amazon in general) tank. Still will there
agression be dangerous to the Maculatus? Also is mac. monogamous? From
what I have gotten from Randy's page I think they are harem breeders.

Lewis