Re: Vierke definition

What is a dwarf cichlid is really open to interpretation. The ASG steering
committee has struggled with this question over the years and still don't have
rigid standard for what is and what isn't a dwarf cichlid. The ASG places more
emphasis on behavior than on size. For this reason we don't include haplochromine
fish like those in the genus Pseudocrenilabris (Dwarf Egytian Mouthbrooder types)
and smaller members of the genus Archocentrus (Central American Convict types).
Right now we use a list of genera that we call dwarfs, another with genera that
are borderline because of behavior, like above, or size, like Cleithracara. We
hedge our bets by allowing the editor "personal discretion" on which species to
include in articles in the Apisto-gram. That's why you'll see articles on dwarf
pikes and Guianacara.