Re: cupido WAS: Mazarunia et al

Michael Meyer wrote:

> Dave Gomberg wrote:
> >
> > At 11:19 PM 10/25/98 -0600, you wrote:
> > >Oh, the author of the cichlid book by tetra was P. Loiselle, is he any
> > >better than axelrod?
> > >kym
> >
> > Paul Loiselle is about as good an authority as they come.
> >

> I'd second that opinion.  Paul's talk at the ACA was awesome on West
> Africans.  I wish that I would have recorded it.  It "oozed" of high
> detail info!  Too much to just take notes of it.

And well it should! PVL spent several years doing commercial fisheries studies
for several West African countries back in the late 60s/early 70s while in the
Peace Corps. Some of his reports back then, found in The Aquarium magazine, are
exceptional descriptions of West African aquatic habitats.

Mike Wise