Re: question on sexing apist/papli. altispinossas

> Is it just me or do these fish appear to be Asian bred. I tried a couple of them
> once with terrible results. The pair I have came from St. Louis breeders and do
> not seem to have the hump on the head as pronounced. My male does have more body
> size and longer fins than the female. I have been lucky enough to watch them
> spawn and I can only see the "tube" on the female, even during the laying
> process. Also my pair have a much flatter and wider forehead than the ones shown.
> Any comments on the Asian presumption?
I don't know anything about being the Asian variety, but when mine
spawned, I too only saw the tube of the female. The male had a very tiny
point which was hardly noticeable unless one is looking for it.

-- Kaycy

http://www.calweb.com/users/d/djhanson/index.htm