Re: splash tetra Photo on the web

Kaycy,

The dealers tend to label all species of the genera Copella and Pyrrhulina as
"splash tetras."  Very, very seldom is it the real arnoldi. Your's looks like
young Pyrrhulina. (If the male gets well over 2 inches, possibly "eleanorae" or
"stoli.")  I could go into detail explaining why, but this is the Apisto list.
Still, almost all "so-called splash tetras" exhibit interesting spawning
behavior:  It should spawn on a flat, firm leaf that is near and parallel to the
water's surface.  The male will guard the spawn.  (I'll be posting an article on
a spawning of "P. aff. eleanorae" before Xmas.)

--Randy

http://www.spacestar.net/users/carey/fishroom