Re: Laetacara...which?

In a message dated 11/13/98 5:12:25 AM, carey@spacestar.net writes:

<< Laetacara species which I have.  This is my first Laetacara which I
thought was curviceps, but the color patches tend to make me question
this.  Does anyone have some insight into what species this fish is?>

Randy,
I am certainly not an expert on ID, ( Mike Wise, are you out there?).
However, I have kept and spawned L. curviceps several times.  If the "color
patches" are the maroon patches on the anterior body, I have had fish with and
without these maroon patches, all being sold as curviceps.  As far as I know,
these are just color variants, (possibly geographical variations?).
To me, this looks like a nice male L curviceps.
Jeff