Re: Laetacara...which?

>I don't seem to have enough or the right books to make an id on a
>Laetacara species which I have.  This is my first Laetacara which I
>thought was curviceps, but the color patches tend to make me question
>this.  Does anyone have some insight into what species this fish is?

>--Randy

Looks like Laet. curviceps to me.   There are quite a few color morphs but
they are all great aquarium residents.  If wild, it was most likely exported
from Manaus.  The southern form, 'The dorsiger' shows up occasionally but it
gets a wine red chest when breeding.

Vinny
vkutty@prodigy.net
http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/5491/