Re surrogate mothers

Just an observasion I'd like to share...
It's interesting that the cruzi fry understand the pertensis females'
instructions. The females of the two species look very different, especially
in brood colouration, so It seems to me that the brood colours are displayed
to other adults, and it's actually the fin twitching etc. that the fry respond
to. Maybe it's a language that all apistos understand, regardless of species.
Jason