Re: Mean Female

Jason,
>From the description of the females behaviour I would say that she
definitely has wrigglers or fry at the present time, this would explain her
aggression.  The biggest danger you may have is from the catfish during the
night when the tank lights are off, as they will eat any fry that are there.
You could set up a small wattage night light to enable the female to detect
predators.
I would not introduce any other fish into the tank, just the opposite.  If
the remaining male is in danger I would remove him.
Helen

> Anyway, on to my question... There are no young in the tank, but the
female
>is still in breeding colors and keeps casing the remaining male to the edge
>of the tank.  Is there a way to stop her from beating on the male?

The tank is planted with lots of rock and wood work to form many caves.