A. juruensis

>Could someone explain the differences between A. juruensis and A. sp aff
>juruensis (orange breast)?

All I can add to what Mike has already said is that the "Orange Breast" is
coming from German breeders and do have a striking similarity with the sp.
aff. juruensis from the Upper Rio Nanay. "Yellow Breast" would be more
appropriate. This yellow breast coloration sometimes extends to the caudal
fin and head.

One note on the Pucallpa population. It is possible that this population
comes from the East bank of the Ucayali, in which case there might be some
gene flow between the true juruensis from the Rio Jurua and the Puallpa
population since both localities are not too far apart.

I haven't seen Dave's juruensis in a while but as far as I can remember
they were more bluish than yellow.

Mis 2 centavos,

Julio