Re: Amazonian fish and hard water

I kept some apistos in pH 8.2, 6ºGdH & 7ºKdh water at a pet store until I could
get them home. Most weren't especially happy, but grew and and behaved normally
(as well as they could in bare tanks). These included A. agassizii, A. borellii,
A. cacatuoides, A. commbrae, A. eunotus, A. geisleri, A. inconspicua, & A. sp.
Rotpunkt. You'll notice none of these are true black water fish. All can be found
in clear and white water. I never tried to breed them in this water either.

Mike Wise