Re: ICZN & Electronic publication WAS Apistogramma sp.Schwarzsaum

>>So as you can see, the ICZN takes a dim view of electronic publishing
of new species.<<

Unless I am misinterpreting the below quote, I believe there's still an
opportunity for web publication to qualify.

>> 9. A work not printed on paper (e.g., on a laser disk) issued after
1999 in numerous identical and durable copies may be regarded as
published if supplemented by identical copies deposited in at least 5
named and publicly accessible libraries.<<

So if I had a web site (i.e., Bill's Apisto Site) and I "printed" the contents
of my site to CD-ROM, AND 5 named and publicly accessible libraries
accepted my disk (Bill'S Apisto Site Vol. 1), then it's possible to meet the
standards.

Or am I missing something?

Bill Vannerson
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/william_vannerson