Re: ICZN & Electronic publication WAS Apistogramma sp. Schwarzsaum

Bill,

The way I read it is that in the past valid descriptions had to be on paper. After
1999 other methods of making "numerous identical & durable" copies (e.g. cd's, ROM
chips, and who knows what else in the future) of the description are OK as long as
5 identical copies of the same description  -  that can't be electronically
altered (like paper copies)  -  are "deposited in at least 5 named and publicly
accessible libraries". Therefore web pages -  whose contents can be altered later
-  are unacceptable as an alternate method. I imagine they don't consider
electronically distributed text or illustrations durable enough and totally
identical to suit their needs.

Mike Wise