Hydra cure

The only thing I've found that works, so far 100% of the time, is Fluke Tabs
made by Aquarium Products. I have used it with baby Apisto's, in tap and 4.0
pH water without any loses of fish. I don't have many live plants but it
doesn't affect Java Moss or Fern, Water Sprite or Najas. It is used at one tab
per 10 gallons day one, one tab per 10 gallons day two, and a 50% water change
day three. So far the only fish that may have reacted was Cory. pygmaeus, it
didn't harm other Corys, even C. hastatus.
I have used copper in the past but it needs to be monitored too closely. I
tried salt at up to 3 tsp. per gal and that didn't work.
I have used Fluke Tabs with a number of fish from livebearers to rainbows to
tetras and cichlids.
Tom W.