C. regani spawn!!

Hello All,

                the strangest thing has happened tonight.  Nine months ago I aquired a group of six F1 1.5" C. regani from Don Zilliox in western NY.  I raised them all out, sold a trio, kept a trio and long story short, I had a spawning 4 days ago.  My water parameters are pretty hard, and this was their first spawn, so I figured they could practice on these eggs until I got an RO unit this summer and got serious about breeding them.  Well, it turns out they couldn't wait.  Tonight the eggs hatched and the female is guarding a group of wrigglers in a 2" diameter tube while the male is out there guarding an eight inch perimeter!!!

For the record:

GH  180 ppm
ph 7.8

The real kick in the head is that this 30 Ga tank has an undergravel filter, a C. punctulatum, a D. filamentosous, 3 Cichlsoma sajica, a female A. cacatuoides, and 4 Big Spot Rasboras among others (can you tell this is my odds and ends tank?)!!  What to do?

Andy
samaroo@aracnet.net