Pop Eye

 Geo/Len <szucs@total.net> wrote: <<<<
Subject: Pop Eye
I have a female Pelvicachromis sacrimontis (Giant Krib) that has  pop
eye in one of her eye`s and it did spread near her eye also.
I did try Maracyn, didn`t help at all. Yesterday I switched to  Jungle
Fungus & Bacteria Eliminator. Fish still looks the same.
I do have the fish alone in a 15 gallon tank. Is there any thing else I
could do, to cure this fish??>>>>>

Before of resorting to antibiotics, have you checked the
water quality (pH, ammonia)? Use medications only
after water quality problems have been ruled out.
Poor water quality may cause popeye.
After using antibacterials like Maracyn, test for ammonia
as well, because the biofilter may be dead by then.
I do not understand what you mean by saying popeye
has spread. Is there swelling around the eye?
Is the eye clear, or opaque?
For bacterial eye infections other than white cotton
disease, tetracycline or Furanace work quite well.
For superficial white cotton infection (also bacterial
in origin), clean water and a tablespoon of salt each
10 gallons also work quite well.

Dionigi Maladorno
dionigi.maladorno@roche.com
This message presents personal opinions which are not necessarily those
of my employer.