Re: regani males

Ah-ha It all makes sense now-

My females are getting very aggressive with each other today-- One even
chased an M. atispinosa adult male to the other end of the 90 gallon tank
they are in. All four are busily courting with the males and checking out
the caves (something they haven't done yet). Hopefully I will have some fry
before too long.

Cory

>Oops! Looks like Tetra & I missed this one. Now I understand why you were
so
>confused. Trust me the "male" on page 115 is a female. I checked the German
first
>edition of this book and it lists this photo as a female. I checked my
German 4th
>revised edition (the same as the English edition) and it mistakenly lists
it as a
>male, too.
>
>Mike Wise
>
>Susanne and Cory Williamson wrote:
>
>> What I should have said was that Linke and Staeck list the regani
pictured
>> as males (check the fine print below the each photo). I wouldn't even
>> consider making such a call myself.
>> Cory

Staeck.

>> >Mike Wise