From: "Beard, Kelly" <KBeard@comdata.com>
To: Apistogramma Mail List <apisto@listbox.com>
Subject: Pumping RO water out of a garbage can
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 15:35:08 -0600

A "little" off topic, sorry!

I have an RO system and I store the water in a garbage can until I'm
ready
to use it.  I'd like to come up with a system where I pump the water out
of
the can and right into the tank for water changes.  I was looking at
some
little pumps at the LFS today, but the guy told me that they can pump
water
only so far up (implying that the water would never make it out of the
can).
The garbage can is about 30-40 feet away from the tank.  If anyone is
doing
something like this, I'd like to hear your solutions and what to look
for
in
a suitable pump.