Need Help with breeding Kribs

Well after two months, my pair of Kribs finally got big enough and started
courting three days ago (after a major water change)... they have been
showing their colors and doing their little dance for the past two days and
the female has been staying in the cave most of time (except when out
looking for food) while the male drives any other fish away (that come to
close)...  well there were two flying foxes in the tank that I wanted to get
out, but I couldn't catch them with a net (it is a heavily planted tank) so
I dropped in my fish trap (you know the .5L plastic bottle with the inverted
top) to try and catch them... I forgot and left it in over night, and I woke
up this morning to find my male Krib upside down in the trap (he looked like
he had injured himself trying to get out of the trap)... now the female has
lost all of her color and seems to have abandoned the cave... I can't see in
the cave to tell if there are eggs in there (the cave is a piece of "African
root")
My question is... should I go get another male (possibly mature) and start
from scratch or should I give the female some more time and wait to see if
there ARE any eggs?
Devastated,
Daniel Boyer