Re: Slow growers (was: Aggie "Alenquer")

---IDMiamiBob@aol.com wrote:
but my experience with cacatuoides and panduro have been
> that the male and alpha female will both drive a second female to
death in
> tanks as large as 30 gallons, bare, well planted, lots of caves or
only one,
> species or community tanks.  Matters not how I do it.
Now calm down, Dave.  That's MY experiencce, not yours.  I'm not
tryingto say
you have it wrong.  It's just that I and a number of others have
moreluck in
pairs.
 Actually Bob I breed my Apisto's in pairs. You stated that your pairs
were "bonded" and they "missed each other" and "longed for each
other", not to mention a comment you made last week "i'd be hesitant
to use sand with apisto's because i've heard it will lock their jaws
and kill them" I know that you have your experiences and thats cool
but you seem to run into and respond to every question, honestly some
of your comments have been questionable at best and its important that
we dont perpetuate bad information for the benifit of those that are
listening and learning. This is not a personal attack on you and i
dont believe i need to calm down because i respect your experiences
but when false or ,misleading information is stated I believe it is
the responsability of the list to correct and clarify these errors for
the benifit of everyone out there. No hard feelings

Dave

---IDMiamiBob@aol.com wrote:

> Dave writes:
>
> > hell Bob my male borellii's,
> >  cacatoudies, agassizii's will spawn with as many females as they
can
> >  get at. LOL This is common knowledge , and the foundation of the
> >  basics of Apisto keeping.
>
> Yep, I know this.  And I have successfully kept borellis in trios
and even
> patriachal foursomes, but my experience with cacatuoides and panduro
have been
> that the male and alpha female will both drive a second female to
death in
> tanks as large as 30 gallons, bare, well planted, lots of caves or
only one,
> species or community tanks.  Matters not how I do it.  I haven't
tried harems
> with other species I have kept because I have always ended up with
even sex
> distributions or extra males and have sold off the extra females as
pairs.

> Now calm down, Dave.  That's MY experiencce, not yours.  I'm not
trying to say
> you have it wrong.  It's just that I and a number of others have
more luck in
> pairs.
>
> Bob

Archives"!