Re: Slow growers (was: Aggie "Alenquer")

Dave writes:

> hell Bob my male borellii's,
>  cacatoudies, agassizii's will spawn with as many females as they can
>  get at. LOL This is common knowledge , and the foundation of the
>  basics of Apisto keeping.

Yep, I know this.  And I have successfully kept borellis in trios and even
patriachal foursomes, but my experience with cacatuoides and panduro have been
that the male and alpha female will both drive a second female to death in
tanks as large as 30 gallons, bare, well planted, lots of caves or only one,
species or community tanks.  Matters not how I do it.  I haven't tried harems
with other species I have kept because I have always ended up with even sex
distributions or extra males and have sold off the extra females as pairs.

Now calm down, Dave.  That's MY experiencce, not yours.  I'm not trying to say
you have it wrong.  It's just that I and a number of others have more luck in
pairs.

Bob