Re: Apisto. sp 'red wedge'

On Sun, 17 Jan 1999, Frauley/Elson wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> Is there anyone out there with info on Apistogramma sp 'red wedge' or
> 'sailfin', beyond what's in Linke?
> -thanks,
> Gary

Gary,

Hi, I have this fish now.  I noticed Mike Wise answered most of the
details on these guys.
We also have pictures on the web in the apisto section
www.thekrib.com

Spawning these guys now.  I have them in a 40 gallon tank filled 3/4 wth
oak leaves.  They actually spawn better with ambient room light than a
light on the tank.

Gorgeous fish.  I have some in a planted tanks I can see, they are fun to
watch.  In the leaf tank you never see them.  Hence, they are not one of
Erik's favorites..

Kathy