Re: Soft water and Kribs

Hello Mike
No water as soft as you talk about ( 70 - 80ppm) is not to soft to spawn
Kribs.   My water out of the tap is 6.8 to 7.0 pH and about 60ppm
hardness.  I've never had problems spawning kribs in it.  What will have
because of the soft water is you'll probably get more females then males
as a sex ratio.   This is what I ending up getting about 60% females.
I actually liked this because I could trade or sell trios instead of
pairs.   I also spawn Pelvicachromis Taeniatus Moliwe and Kienke in my
tap water.   No problems with them either.   Slightly harder water will
probably only change your sex ratio of the offspring in the opposite
percentage as in soft water.   Good luck with  the Kribs.   They've
always been one of my favorites even as common as they are in pet shops.
Nice kribs are always a joy to keep.
John Wubbolt