Freak Accident - Am I Dr. Kovorkian?

Well, I discovered a new way to euthanize fish.  I had a few P.
taeniatus "Kienke" that I was growing out with some P. pulchers.  In the
tank are odds and ends of PVC pipe about a dozen 1" diameter ranging in
length from 1" to 6".  I removed the PVC pipes and placed them on a
ledge about about 2 feet off the ground and filled up a bucket to
transfer the P. taeniatus.  When I caught the first female she was
really ripe.  Her belly was a gorgeous purple with irridescent green
about the purple region.  She was the prettiest West African that I have
ever seen!  The second fish that I captured was also female but not
quite as colorful as the first, but beatiful none the less.  Well, I
needed a male to go with these females.  Now the fish left in the tank
were now wise to the big green net.  I barely bumped the rack and one of
the longer 6" pieces of pipe fell off the ledge and when straight into
the bucket like a torpedo.  At first this seemed like an inconvenience
but imagine my horror when the first female floated sideways away from
the murder weapon.  Yes it was Mr. Meyer in the fish room with a PVC
pipe.  The fish was killed instantly.  The pipe had her right under the
gills.  I told myself "Oh, please just be stunned, but her gills were
not moving.  At least it was quick and merciful.  Well, I know it's not
a pleasant story, but no one understands how bad I feel.  I know my
Dwarf Cichlid friends will understand. Please give me support and share
your stories of tragedy and stupidy.  I feel better already.  Thanks for
listening!

Michael "The ripper" Meyer