Re: Surrogate mother update

> Anyone bred A. sp tucurui?
I did in the latter part of 97 that came from Germany. I had 4 that I
picked up at a Killi Mega Auction. There were sold as 2 pair. No. I
ended up with 3 males and one male! I separated the pairs into separate
10's. I noticed that in one tank, the dominate male was constantly
'going after' the other fish. I later lost this fish. In the other tank,
the smaller one was harrassing the larger one and I later lost that one
as well. I put the female with the other male with some live plants (I
don't remember what species)and a clay pot lying on it's side. They
spawned on the upper inside portion of the pot.

My water was straight RO water, pH 7.2 and the temp was 74. The fry did
hatch but I lost all of the fry. Don't go by my experience. You just
asked if any one had bred them. I hope someday to retry them and many
other Apistos when I have the space and time to donate to them.

Good luck.

Kaycy

http://www.calweb.com/users/d/djhanson/index.htm