Re: Surrogate mother update

Mike,
My friend breeds Tucurui in RO water and her tip to me was that the way for
success with this species is to have one male and many females.  I am hoping
in the near future to obtain this breeding group from her.
As for the females being good or bad mothers I cannot remember what she told
me.  She does not stay in my area but when I next speak to her on the phone
I will ask and pass the information onto the list.
Helen

>Mayalauren@aol.com wrote:
>> Anyone bred A. sp tucurui?
>> Jason
>
>I haven't, but every article I've read on the species indicates that the
males
>are very aggressive and territorial to anything that isn't a female that's
ready
>to breed. Koslowski states that water conditions aren't important as long
as they
>aren't way out of line apisto wise, but that females are terrible mothers.
They
>just don't take care of their fry. From this I'd recommend a large (55 gal.
or