New Mamber

Hello Mailing List,

I am new to the list and thought I'd give a little info.

I first began keeping Apistos in the late 60's. Few were available in
those days and of course no names. After several years college and
life got me out of the hobby until the early 80's. Have been keeping
Apistos since then. I run about 25 tanks - all dwarf's.

I have been privileged to keep a number of species over the past 15+
years and have had success with many. I am not out to see how many
species I can breed. Most species that I keep I maintain for 5 or more
years. In the past I have sold and shipped quite a few fish, but, I do
much less of that now.

I do not consider myself to be any sort of expert, however, I have
developed some very successful husbandry techniques that work for me.
To any beginners I would say - learn to know your fish. There is no
"right" way to keep Apistos find what works for you and stick with it.

I don't have time to be a very active member of the list. However, I
will read every post and will send a comment when I have the time.

If anyone is interested, this is the list of dwarfs I have kept.

A. agassizii - multiple forms
A. bitaeniata
A. borellii
A. cacatoides - multiple forms
A. commbrae
A. eunotus - multiple forms (orangeschwanz)
A. gephyra
A. gibbiceps*
A. iniridae
A. macmasteri - multiple forms
A. meinkeni
A. nijesseni
A. paucisquamis*
A. pertensis
A. resticulosa
A. steindachneri
A. trifasciata
A. sp. Brietbinden
A. sp. Four Stripe*
A. sp. Rio Mamore
A. sp. Rio Xingu "Red Lobe"
A. sp. Rotpunkt - multiple forms (Schwarsaum, Puerto Narnio)
A. sp. Smaragd / Emerald Alenquer
A. sp. Tucurui*

Dicrossus filamentosus

Microgeophagus altispinosus
M. ramirezi

Nannacara anaomala

Nanochromis parlius - multiple forms
N. transvestitus

Pelvicachromis pulcher - multiple forms
P. rolloffi
P. subocellatus
P. taeniatus - "Muyuka"*

Fish marked by * are fish that I have not successfully spawned.

I am currently keeping: A. agassizii - "Rio Madira", A. cacatoides -
"Red Flash" (?) , A. commbrae, A. pertensis, A. sp. Rio Xingu "red
lobe", A. sp. Smaragd / Emerald Alenquer, M. altispinosus, P.
subocellatus. All of these are breeding populations producing surplus
fish.

Bob Wiltshire
Livingston, MT
apistobob@yahoo.com