Re: A nijsseni

A few months ago I had a similar dilemma with A.nijsseni.
I bought a beautifully coloured male and a bright yellow
fish I thought was female. It did not have much black
colouration but as it was so yellow I thought it must be
female.  Once transferred to home it gradually became more
male looking and in the end blue.  I'd say look for the
obvious black blotches on the operculum etc for a sure fire
female, not the ground colour alone.

Helen kindly located a female for me, now after about six
spawnings and various water conditions still no fry,
very frustrating.

Ken.