poor diet?

Dear apisto lovers,
                           I'm at the second succesful spawn of my wild
nijsseni pair, I always use pure RO water for water changes and I also have
plants in the tank, since they grow quite well I'm almost sure that the RO
water I put in has some mineral contents.

I actually don't know if fishes take mineral nutrients directly from the
water and in wich quantity, so I'm not sure if my question will be
plausible.

I'm starting to see that my nijsseni are having problems with their fins,
they are getting transaparent and thiner, this is probably due to the fact
that I have never looked at my fishes as today, but the doubt remains.

Their diet is based on blood worms and BS (both frozen). That's all, I
don't feed my fishes on anything else. Could this lead to a some kind of
nutrients deficiency in fishes? and if possible, can this be the reason why
I saw this abnormality in the fins of my fishes?

I was thinkng that probably my plants (Hygrophyla, Java moss,
Ceratophyllum) are sucking up all the calcium and other elements living to
the fishes a too little quantity, Is this possible or am I just dreaming?

Should I add calcium carbonate and magnesium sulfate to the tank?

Should I change the diet of my fishes?

Thanks for your help
Simone Vicini (svicini@lcnet.it)

PS From Italy where keeping P.ramirezi has become quite impossible due to
the fact that this species has become more and more susceptible to illness
and more and more delicate