Re: poor diet?

Simone,

I also feel that diet is very important, especially variety. Here is what I feed
my fish: marine flake food, pellets (Tetra's old Discus pellet, now with a new
name), frozen adult brine shrimp, frozen blood worms (rarely since my allergies
to it put me out of commission for a whole day after feeding it), and live baby
brine shrimp. I used to feed a wonderful food that we called "frog brittle". It
was a granular food similar to Tetra's discus food. It was designed for feeding
Xenopus (African Clawed) Frogs in laboratory experiments. It has a high
protein/fat diet needed by frogs. Overfeeding this food caused cloudy water, so I
had to be careful, but all my apistos and other fish just loved it. It was cheap,
too, about $50/bag. Unfortunately, it only comes in 50 lb. bags and my source is
out of  frog keeping research. I don't have a way of getting 1 lb. bags from her
anymore. Anyone out there know where I can get small quantities of this for a
reasonable price?

Mike Wise