Nijsseni temperature.

I have some Nijsseni which are my pride and joy.  I have always kept them at
around 73 F with the temperature in the summer going up as high as 80F.  I
usually induce them to spawn by creating the "rainy season" by doing a water
change with about 30% tank volume of 68 F water.  I have recently read of
someone who bred them at significantly higher temperatures (84F).  Does
anyone have any data from actual collection sites that would suggest which
water temperature is most appropriate?
Doug