Re: pH hell

> I am convinced that the Seachem acid/alkaline buffer
> does not work well in tanks.  In my tests, it works
> great when mixed with RO, but anything more
> chemically complex than that causes dramatic ph
> swings.

Paul,

I actually have had better luck with the Seachem acid buffer.
Now we live in Seattle so it is pretty soft water.
I only used it to spawn nijsseni....and let the water age 48hr or so
before to have the pH stabilize.

Now it is just ol tap water with leaves and bogwood for the acidic guys
(growing up some uaupesi now) and plants for the rest.  Haven't needed to
resort back to Seachem yet, but may just for the gibbiceps I have. They
spawn but no hatch yet.

Kathy