Re: Killer Fillamentosa

I've just re-joined the list so forgive me if I go over old
ground.

In my experience D.filamentosus are not agressive fish.  My
friend bred them in a very small tank and the male was
never hard on the single female.

They certainly would not harm the barbels of Corydoras, I'd
go with the bacteria in the substrate or sharp gravel.  The
best substrate for Corys is definately sand - like Apistos
they like to sieve it through their gill openings.

Ken.

ps - they are not easy to breed.  My friend used deionised
water with a  pH of ~5.5

Ken Laidlaw
UK Astronomy Technology Centre
Royal Observatory, Edinburgh